Xavier Unda Galarza
Xavier Unda Galarza
Bachstraße 18k, Room 2.05A
- 01- 05/17 Faculty Fellow at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), USA
- 09/14 – til date Adjunct professor for Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Strategy, National Polytechnic School, Ecuador
- 09/13 – 09/16 Researcher and Lecturer of Introductory Economics, Market Research and Marketing courses, Polytechnic Salesian University, Ecuador
- 03/10 – 02/12 Product Marketing– Financial Services Banco Pichincha, Ecuador
- 07/11 – 01/12 Lecturer of Market Research, Pontifical Catholic University of Ecuador
- 06/09 – 09/09 Market Research Intern (MBA summer internship) RAMPF Giessharze GmbH & Co. KG, Germany
- 08/08 – 05/09 Graduate Assistant, School of Business Administration, University of Mississippi , USA
- 06/06 – 05/08 Regional Sales Supervisor, Candlecross S.A, Pharma Industry, Ecuador
- 2019-23 PhD(c) Graduate College 'The Economics of Innovative Change', Friedrich Schiller University in Jena, Germany.
- 2018 Case Method Teaching Seminar, Harvard Business Publishing, Harvard, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
- 2019 Certificate Regional Entrepreneurship Acceleration Program, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), USA
- 2012-13Master’s Degree of Economics, University of Sydney, Australia.
- 2008-9 Master’s Degree of Business Administration (MBA), University of Mississippi, USA.
- 2004-7 Commercial Engineer, specialization in Marketing, Pontifical Catholic University of Ecuador
- 2004-6 Specialization in Business Law, Private Technical University of Loja – Ecuador
- 2003-4 Commercial Engineer, specialization in Finance, Pontifical Catholic University of Ecuador Equivalent to Bachelor’s
- 2003 Certified Public Accountant, Pontifical Catholic University of Ecuador
AWARDS AND HONORS:
- 2019 Awarded DAAD grant program for doctoral research
- 2012-13 Senescyt Excellence Scholarship, merit based full grant from Ecuador’s government most important academic exchange program.
- 2011 Awarded Senescyt Scholarship “Convocatoria 2011”, decided to decline to apply to the “Excellence Scholarship”
- 2008-9 Fulbright Scholar, Award based on academic and leadership merits, United States Department of State.
- 2009 University of Mississippi, MBA summer international scholarship and internship program.
- 2009 Scholarship for studies in Germany, Office of International Exchange, “Germany: History, Technology and Business Culture”, Hochschule Nürtingen –Geislingen.
- 2008-9 John N. Palmer Assistantship Recipient, University of Mississippi
- 2008 Gamma Beta Phi Honors Society Member, invitation/award based on scholastic ranking at the University of Mississippi, (www.gammabetaphi.org)
CURRENT RESEARCH PROJECTS:
- Congruity of the perception of the innovation driven entrepreneurial ecosystem and of technology transfer intentions of academics, with Uwe Cantner and Holger Graf
- Radiating, a key process of universities in knowledge networks, with Stefano Basilico
- National and Regional Innovation Systems
- Innovation Driven Entrepreneurship Ecosystems
- Science and Technology Policy
- Firm Technology Strategy
- Knowledge Networks
- Technology Transfer and Technology Trajectories